[[File:TE-Nervous system diagram.svg|thumb|300px|
An example of a system: The nervous system. This basic diagram shows that this system is made up of 4 different basic organs: the [[ brain]], the [[ cerebellum]], the [[ spinal cord]], and the [[ nerve]] s.]]
Di zanista [[biyolojî]] de, '''sîstema biyolojîk''' (an '''koendam''', '''sîstema endamê''' , '''sîstema laşê''' an '''sîstema organê''')
is a group of [[Organ (anatomy)|organs]] that work together to perform a certain task. Common systems, such as those present in [[ mammals]] and other animals, seen in [[ human anatomy]] , are those such as the [[circulatory system]], the [[respiratory system]], the [[nervous system]], etc.
A group of systems composes an [[organism]], e.g. the [[human body]].
== Konendam an sîstemên laşê mirov ==
These specific systems are widely studied in [[Human anatomy]]. ''"Human" systems'' are also present in many other animals.
Circulatory system]]: pumping and channelling [[blood]] to and from the [[body]] and [[lungs]] with [[heart]], [[blood]] and [[blood vessel]]s.
* [[Integumentary system]]: [[
skin]], [[ hair]], [[ fat]] , and [[ nail (anatomy)|nail]] s.
* [[Skeletal system]]: structural support and protection with [[
bone]] s, [[cartilage]], [[ligament]] s and [[tendon]] s.
* [[Reproductive system]]: the [[sex organs]], such as [[ovary|ovarie]]s, [[fallopian tube]]s, [[uterus]], [[vagina]], [[mammary gland]]s, [[testes]], [[vas deferens]], [[seminal vesicle]]s and [[prostate]]
Digestive system]]: [[ digestion]] and processing food with [[salivary gland]]s, [[esophagus]], [[ stomach]], [[liver]], [[gallbladder]], [[pancreas]], [[intestine]]s, [[rectum]] and [[anus]].
* [[Urinary system]]: [[kidney]]s, [[ureter]]s, [[urinary bladder|bladder]] and [[urethra]] involved in fluid balance, [[electrolyte]] balance and excretion of [[urine]].
* [[Respiratory system]]: the organs used for [[breathing]], the [[Human pharynx|pharynx]], [[larynx]], [[bronchi]], [[lung]]s and [[thoracic diaphragm|diaphragm]].
* [[Lymphatic system]]: structures involved in the transfer of [[lymph]] between [[Tissue (biology)|tissue]]s and the [[blood stream]]; includes the lymph and the [[lymph node|node]]s and [[lymph vessel|vessels]]. The lymphatic system includes functions including immune responses and development of antibodies.
* [[Muscular system]]: allows for manipulation of the environment, provides locomotion, maintains posture, and produces heat. Includes only [[skeletal muscle]], not [[smooth muscle]] or [[cardiac muscle]].
Nervous system]]: collecting, transferring and processing information with [[brain]], [[spinal cord]] and [[peripheral nervous system]].
See also ==
* [[Artificial life]]
* [[Biological systems engineering]]
* [[Systems biology]]
* [[Systems ecology]]
* [[Systems theory]]
* [http://www.scq.ubc.ca/?p=253 Systems Biology: An Overview] by Mario Jardon: A review from the Science Creative Quarterly, 2005.
* [http://www.genome.ad.jp/manuscripts/GIW99/Poster/GIW99P66.pdf. Synthesis and Analysis of a Biological System], by Hiroyuki Kurata, 1999.